Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Crazy Person #57 (My Future Self)

Line Twelve, Northbound toward Porte de la Chapelle

Sex: Male
Age: 40+

Crazy Person #57 gets on the train and slumps down into one of the fold-down seats across the way. He looks fairly unhappy in the flourescent light, but soon after coasting into the tunnel, he catches a glimpse of himself in the window.

He scrunches up his face and puckers his lips. The reflection is hilarious; the man laughs uncontrolably. Once he calms down, he raises his eyes again into the window. This time, he sticks his fingers in his ears and fills his cheeks with air. His double copies; the man laughs and hoots, looking to the other passengers for confirmation.

I smile at my hands. He points at my face, yells, "I saw teeth!" and clutches his dirty hat to his belly as it shakes with laughter and the rocking of the train.

We ride just one stop together, but I think: if I were going to be a Crazy Person, I'd surely want to be #57.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

6:18 PM, April 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home